[vox-tech] Screencasting - help needed w/ app audio recording

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Dec 6 16:22:51 PST 2007

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 10:49:26PM -0800, Alex Mandel wrote:
> Bill Kendrick wrote:
> >>Run the KDE mixer program and set a different recording source?
> >
> >My options were Mic, Front Mic and Line.  I had tried all three. :^/
> >
> If you look in the preferences I think you can add more items to the view.
> I have a Mic Capture, IEC### capture, aux capture, mic +20 boost, front
> mic, and all sorts of other crazy stuff but they don't come up on the
> default set of controls, probe around the preferences.

I see nothing like this under Settings->Configure KMix...
I do see an IEC958 checkbox under the 'Switches' tab, but no matter what
it's set to (on or off), the "Input Source" still shows only 'Line',
'Front Mic' and 'Mic.' :(

I see "HDA Intel" in KMix (next to the pan slider at the bottom) and
in AlsaMixer it shows that for the "Card" and "SigmaTel STAC9200" as the Chip.

In AlsaMixer, the 'Capture' section shows:

  IEC958  (no up/down slider, but if I hit [Space] then "L  R" and "CAPTUR"
           appear/disappear above it)

  Capture
  Capture Mux
  Digital

And the 'Playback' section shows an "Input Source" with the same options
as KMix (Line, Mic and Front Mic).

I have KDE's sound system off, and am using ALSA, obviously. :)

Thx!

bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/