[vox-tech] refering to a subsubsection in latex (article document class)

Aaron A. King kingaa at umich.edu
Tue Aug 28 14:52:47 PDT 2007

Hi Dylan,

Check out the "secnumdepth" counter.  It sets how deep the sections should be
numbered.  I.e.,

\documentclass{article}

\setcounter{secnumdepth}{3}

\begin{document}

\section{A Section}

\subsection{A Subsection}

\subsubsection{A Subsubsection}\label{label_of_this_subsubsection}

\section{Another section}

As seen in section \ref{label_of_this_subsubsection}

\end{document}

--
Aaron A. King, Ph.D.
Ecology & Evolutionary Biology