[vox-tech] Num lock key never locked

Tim Coddington jacod at comcast.net
Thu Apr 26 19:34:00 PDT 2007

On my new 'puter, E4300 Intel CPU, 2Gb, SATAII, AsRock ConRoe945G-DVD
motherboard (Yea, I can help burn DVD's if I get my burner working).

newly loaded with Ubuntu 6.1

It would be nice to make the num-lock key come up in a locked state so the
keypad would be useful to enter numbers on right away.  I go into the BIOS
setup utility and alter the value that I think should accomplish this, but
each time boot is complete, the num-lock is off.  Does Linux have
something that toggles it off, thus overriding BIOS initial setup when it
boots?