[vox-tech] The incredible moving ethernet adapter

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Apr 23 17:36:57 PDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 07:41:36PM -0400, Ken Bloom wrote:
> Maybe they swapped hard drives and send back a new laptop with identical
> specs and the old HDD? This seems most likely, given that the MAC
> changed. Is the laptop missing any distinctive marks or decorations?

The LCD had some hazy spots, which Melissa reported, along with the loose
hinge.  They fixed the hinge, but apparently did not replace the LCD.
Based on that, I'm fairly certain that no hardware was changed.
(Plus, the paperwork that came back didn't seem to imply that any hardware
swapping occured.)