[vox-tech] Sound failure in Feisty on IBM Thinkpad X41 tablet PC

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Apr 23 12:46:24 PDT 2007

Apparently the 1.0.13 version of the ALSA drivers have a bug that
causes sound to silently fail (no pun intended... or is it?! >:^) )

Sound used to work in Linux Kernel 2.6.17 on Edgy Eft, but in Feisty,
which I believe comes with 2.6.20, it fails.
It seems like ("sounds like"? har!) an ALSA 1.0.14 release candidate has
fixed this.

In the meantime, I'm just telling Melissa to choose an older kernel when
she boots up, if she wants sound. *sigh*

BTW, Google is your friend, if you're curious for details, and the latest
status.

bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/