[vox-tech] Alarming spam

Richard Harke rharke at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 16 14:01:23 PDT 2007

On Sat April 14 2007 08:51, Rod Roark wrote:
> On Saturday 14 April 2007 01:22, Richard Harke wrote:
>
> > I also don't know where they got the info as I never post such info
> > in public forums. I'm wondering if my ISP could have suffered a
> > breakin as that seems the most likely to tie together all the elements.
>
> Spammers work from lists, so an explanation such as this one seems
> likely.  It doesn't even require a break-in, just one employee
> deficient in scruples.

This is still my suspicion because the account is in my wife's name.
I've made planty of posts to news groups and mailing lists so
getting my name with my email is no problem. But the ISP is
about the only one I can think of that would turn up my wife's name.
And it would be part of a list which is what a spammer wants.

Richard