[vox-tech] Sprint Mobile Broadband on Linux

hajhouse hajhouse at houseag.com
Fri Apr 13 20:34:31 PDT 2007

A non-technially-oriented Linux-using friend that I have been helping
off and on for a while asked me the following question:

Will "Sprint Wireless Broadband" work on Linux? How do you set it up?

I've never used this (or even heard of it until now). Information about
the service and the hardware you get with it is here:
http://www.sprint.com/business/products/offers/offerHighSpeed_byProduct.html

As far as I can tell it is the same as the TCP/IP cabability of
Internet-enabled cell phones, but in a form that your computer can use.

Consulting Google, I found:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_connect_to_the_internet_via_ppp_and_sprint_pcs

which seems to indicate that it can be made to work. But I'd feel more
comfortable if someone could share a personal experience of actually
*getting* it to work, on Linux. Anyone?

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13