[vox-tech] Re: wireless wonders

Richard Burkhart richard at khanfusion.net
Mon Apr 2 14:05:05 PDT 2007

Norm Matloff wrote:
> It is my understanding that kernels 2.6.15 or newer do include drivers
> for Broadcom cards, at least the 43XX series.
Do we have to install firmware, in addition to modprobing whatever
version of the bcm43xx driver has already been included with the
distro's kernel?  I'd tried to use the included kernel module from both
OpenSuse and Deb Testing - neither worked.  (Something to explore on the
web once I'm out of work today)

The ndisrapper'ed windows kernel worked as of Saturday.  It's still
working today -- in that I can scan access points, and can see the two
access points in my range.  I just can't (it seems) force the settings
into place to get into the AP.