[vox-tech] user defined variables in mutt

Henry House hajhouse at houseag.com
Fri Sep 29 19:32:08 PDT 2006

P=E5 2006-09-28, skrev Peter Jay Salzman:
> I'd like to do something like:
> =

>    # These are user defined
>    set myDate =3D `date +"%Y-%m"`
>    set history =3D "$HOME/Mail/zetc/history"
> =

>    # This is a mutt variable
>    set record   =3D $HOME/sent-$myDate
> =

> Does mutt support user defined variables?  Is this kind of thing possible?

I do not believe arbitrary variable definition and expansion is possible
in muttrc. :( However, I have achieved something extremely similar to
what your example is trying to do with the following.

set mbox =3D ~/Mail/read-mail_`date +%Y-%m`
set record =3D ~/Mail/sent-mail_`date +%Y-%m`

-- =

Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13