[vox-tech] Looking for a quick guide to Linux networking...

Michael Altarriba mikealt at jps.net
Fri Sep 22 17:16:31 PDT 2006

I just acquired a second computer, and formatted it using the latest
Knoppix LiveCD HD install. My old system is running Debian stable.

I've connected them together via a switch, and now wish to network them
together, so that I can transfer files over to the "new" machine, and
then tear the old one down and re-build it. I also have a Laserjet 4
Plus with a network card that I want to network in as well.

For bonus points, I'd lke to put a modem on the "new" computer (yes, I
know, but it's hopefully a temporary condition), and be able to access
the net from either the old or new machine via the one modem.

I've been administering my Linux box for ages, but, up to now,
networking hasn't been an issue, so it's well past time for me to do this.

Ideas? Suggestions? Pointers to good online tutorials?

Any help would be much appreciated...

Mike A.