[vox-tech] grub booting

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Sep 6 11:39:24 PDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 03:47:19AM -0700, Jim wrote:
> I have installed mephis on an empty partition.  All went well but it didn't
> give me an option to boot up into my debian os.

So Mepis replaced your GRUB bootloader, and now it's only showing Mepis
as an option?

Or are you even given a bootloader screen when you boot up?
If not, try holding SHIFT during the boot process.  (I forget if this is how
GRUB works, but in LILO, if you had it NOT show a menu -- and therefore
auto-boot some specific OS every time you booted -- you could hold SHIFT to
force the menu to appear.)

Good luck!

bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/