[vox-tech] spam current events

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Sep 1 15:02:51 PDT 2006

Quoting Peter Jay Salzman (p at dirac.org):

> Yeah, I've always been there.  :)  Never understood why anyone in their
> right mind would add yet _more_ spam related traffic to the net when we
> already have so much.  It seems ... crazy to me.

Look for my article in the next (?) issue of _Linux Gazette_ entitled
"On Qmail, Forged Mail, and SPF Records" that among other things
explains the backscatter-spam problem, and the qmail MTA's trait of
haplessly generating same (because the qmail-smtpd module accepts
incoming mail before it's semantically evaluated by further modules that
later handle incoming mail streams).

The editor's looking forward to the howls of rage from DJBware fans.  ;->