[vox-tech] scaling PDF with lp

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 17:11:57 PST 2006

Greetings,

I have some PDF files which were created without respecting the target
printer's hardware-enforced margins of 5mm. I have computed an approximate
scaling ratio 0.91 , used : lp -o scaling=91 ...

Is there a better way to scale PDF files to fit within a printer's margins? I
am aware of the psresize command, which works well most of the time- but a
more robust approach would be nice when the source ps|pdf file is technically
at letterpaper size, just outside of the allowable margins.

cheers,

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis