[vox-tech] Re: at my wit's end

Mark K. Kim lugod2 at cbreak.org
Thu Nov 2 16:09:20 PST 2006

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 01:04:23PM -0800, Norm Matloff wrote:

> also had another pressing problem with Fedora Core 5, the distro I had
> originally intended to install:  No mouse pointer!  The mouse would
> "work," in the sense that blocks would highlight when the mouse was
> moved to the proper places, clicking in the proper places would do the
> right thing, and so on.  But the mouse cursor was invisible.  [So going
> to the "proper place" was quite a challenge. :-) ]

X might be using a hardware cursor that's not being rendered properly.
If that is the case, switching to the software cursor should fix the
problem.

I don't recall the option that should go into XF86Config[-4] off the top
of my head, but it should be something like [Option HWCursor "False"] or
[Option SWCursor "True"] or something along that line.

-Mark