[vox-tech] Laptop + eSATA

Harold Lee harold at hotelling.net
Wed Nov 1 15:36:24 PST 2006

I run Linux on a Thinkpad T40 and I'm thinking of getting a PCMCIA eSATA
card and external drive. My internal drive is 4200 RPM, and I want
something faster.

I don't want to replace the internal drive because this system belongs
to my employer and I don't want to get stuck with a 2.5" ATA drive. I'd
much rather have an extra 3.5" SATA drive in an external enclosure -
faster, not already obsolete, easy to re-purpose.

Anybody have experience with eSATA and Linux, especially laptops? Can
anyone recommend a good eSATA PCMCIA card?

-Harold