[vox-tech] Middle-click scroll in Konqueror

Ken Bloom kbloom at gmail.com
Wed May 10 16:10:35 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 17:53, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 03:42:41PM -0700, Bob Scofield wrote:
> > I think your set up is probably the same.  Ken is talking about
> > something different. (I think.)  If you take Konqueror to a
> > website, then the middle button allows you to scroll up or down on
> > the web page.  I think that's what Ken is talking about.
>
> Mmm... I know in Microsoft products (like Internet Explorer and
> Word), if you middle-click you end up with a kind of
> up/down-arrow-in-a-cricle thing that, when you move above or below
> the clicked location, lets you scroll up and down.
>
> It may be that Konq provides a similar option, as one of the things
> it can do when you middle-click.
>
> A little Googling, and I found this page:
>
>   http://www.xs4all.nl/~vollebrp/linux.html
>
> which says:
>

>   How to enable autoscroll (middle-click opens 'move-around' icon)
>
>     - Open Konqueror
>     - navigate to setup -> setup konqueror
>     - Go to web-behaviour
>     - Switch off middle-click opens selected URL
>     - Apply
>

> So in your case, you rpobably want to switch ON that "middle-click
> opens..." option, because it sounds like it's disabled.

So it looks like I have to choose between "annoying" and "more
annoying".
I'm still sticking with Konq though because mime associations in Firefox
and the GNOME file dialog are "even more annoying".

Maybe I should just try changing my video driver back to fglrx (although
I don't like that option either, because when new X11 comes along or
new kernel comes along, I have to put them on hold for a couple of
weeks until new fglrx comes along... grrr)

--Ken