[vox-tech] Etch sources.list

Richard Harke rharke at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 29 22:59:32 PST 2006

I think the point is that no matter which level you run, you do
need to be aware of what version you are actually running. I had
my system pointed at "testing" for some time. Then it became stable.
And testing, which had been sarge was now etch. I started having
strange failures when I tried to update my software. The solution
was to set my sources.list to "sarge", do a full upgrade to make sure
I had the released version of sarge, then change to etch and do another
upgrade. The way Debian is suggesting means that when they
make the switch you won't have any weirdness although you'll
be down revision from where you want to be ( something easily
fixed) Either way, you need to be aware of when a new stable
is released.

Richard