[vox-tech] AMD Turion

Ken Bloom kbloom at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 20:43:17 PST 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 20:47, Roland Minden wrote:
> Can the ubuntu 64 bit installer work for the Turion Processor. I have
> tried and it seams to crap out while installing the kernel. I hav
> also tried kubuntu with same result.
>
> I am installing onto a
>
> HP Pavilion dv50000

I have instructions for installing Debian amd64 on my Turion 64-based
Compaq Presario v2310us available at
http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/Main/Compaq_Presario_v2310us, and I have
linked to a couple previous posts to vox-tech talking about previous
install attempts, one of which included the then-stabilizing Ubuntu
Breezy. Your dv5000 seems to be very similar to my laptop.

--Ken