[vox-tech] OT: Licensing

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Mar 13 18:11:34 PST 2006

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 05:25:23PM -0800, Alex Mandel wrote:
> 1. I wrote a python GUI application on windows.
> 2. Everything is open source in it except for the COM library that
> connects into Access databases, MSVCR71.dll (At least I think that's in
> this one, although reading on the python lists, it sounds like it's part
> of python.)

That's apparently just the MS C runtime library.  I recall people having
to distribute it along with their SDL apps, in some cases.

It SOUNDS like it's freely distributable.  I found this:

  http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=238293&SiteID=1

Good luck!

--
-bill!                                    Tux Paint 2006 wall calendar,
bill at newbreedsoftware.com                CDROM, bumper sticker & apparel