[vox-tech] Pdf Viewers

Bob Scofield scofield at omsoft.com
Fri Mar 10 09:02:43 PST 2006

I just made a disappointing discovery.  I was playing around with a DMV form
and learned that with the Adobe Reader (in SuSE) I could type into the form.
But in Debian neither XPDF nor KPDF would let me type.

So it seems that the open source readers are limited in ways that Adobe is
not.  I've read the KPDF Handbook, and there is no mentioned of typing into a
form.

So have I discovered a fact of life, or does someone know how to configure an
open source reader to type into a pdf document?

Thank you.

Bob