[vox-tech] Why change default ssh port?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Jun 19 10:24:40 PDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 05:54:35PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> 2.  Some MS-Windows worms started emerging that harvested e-mail
> addresses from infected machines' MS-Outlook [Express] address books,
> Internet Explorer cache files, etc. in likely locations of the hapless
> desktop machine's hard drive.  Therefore, if your e-mail address is
> present in even one such third-party machine, it'll get scooped up.

I have a whole stack of .procmail rules to chuck mail daemon bounces
regarding this crap to /dev/null.

(e.g., something found my address, and someone else's address on the 'net.
It began sending viruses/spam to that other person, using my address as
a forged 'To'.  When the mail bounces due to the address being gone,
the mailbox being over quota, or the user blocking mail from me, _I_ get them.
Total PITA.)

bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/