[vox-tech] Able to Login root however, unable to visit site

Luke Crawford lsc at prgmr.com
Tue Jul 25 10:29:08 PDT 2006

first, see if you can ping an outside ip.  38.99.2.1 is one of mine you
should be able to ping.  If you can ping it, then your dns is bad.  Put a
valid
nameserver [ip address]
line in /etc/resolv.conf.  use your ISP's nameserver rather than your own
if you are having problems.  make sure you can ping the IP and the dns
packets can get through your firewall.

If you can't ping it, then your network is down.

either way, google is probably ok because it's cached.