[vox-tech] CD Burner Recomendation?

Richard Harke rharke at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 22 21:10:32 PDT 2006

On Sat July 22 2006 13:39, Bob Scofield wrote:
> I need a new CD burner.  In the past a lot of folks have recommended
> Plextor for Linux.  That's what I have now.  Do people still think Plextor
> is a good recommendation for a Linux machine?

The last burner I bought was a $40.  unit from Frys that does CD's, DVD's,
including double desity. I have recorded CD's using cdrecord and DVD's
using growisofs. The documentation with it is essentially non-existant.
I have never had occasion to try double density but I'm happy with the
rest. While it is a no-name knock off, its was hard to resist the
low price. (Well, actually, I think is was labeled Emprex on the box)

Richard harke