[vox-tech] update on the audio CD problem

Micah J. Cowan micah at cowan.name
Fri Jan 27 12:05:53 PST 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 11:51:08PM -0800, Norm Matloff wrote:
> I then turned to my daughter's machine.  I had thought this one would be
> harder, since the symptoms there had been worse.  But it turned out to
> be a very simple problem in that case:  The file permissions on /dev/hdc
> were not set correctly. :-)

I've noticed that Fedora resets permissions on these things from time to
time. Make sure you did it the "approved" way (which, unfortunately, I
don't remember). But just manually running chmod is not going to work.
You'll have to google for this one, I'm afraid (unless someone onlist
remembers how you're supposed to do it).

--
Micah J. Cowan
micah at cowan.name