[vox-tech] java

Matin Hashemi matin.hashemi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 15:29:34 PST 2006

I want to install a program from its source distribution, and
unfortunately the source is in java which I don't know anything about!

The package Makefile use Jikes (IBM java compiler), so I installed the
jikes first. But I get this error when trying to "make":

jikes -nowarn +F -g  at/dms/compiler/tools/lexgen/Main.java

Found 1 system error:

*** Semantic Error: You need to modify your classpath, sourcepath,
bootclasspath, and/or extdirs setup. Package "java/lang" could not be
found in:
                /home/bin/antlr-2.7.5.jar
                /home/streamit-src-2.0/src
                /home/streamit-src-2.0/3rdparty
                .

make[1]: *** [at/dms/compiler/tools/lexgen/Main.class] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/streamit-src-2.0/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2