[vox-tech] Replaced FC with Kubuntu in Dual Boot env.

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Jan 14 15:10:32 PST 2006

Most of the oddities I've heard of actually occur with both Nvidias and
Radeons although they are different drivers and not always for the same
reason.

Did you install ATI drivers?

Maybe boot with the install disk in rescue or some other way that lets
you into edit the xorg and temporarily change the Driver "ATI ..." so
that it can't find it. (Saw this solution for "nvidia" to "nv")
Hopefully that'll at least get you in to figure out what's wrong.

I did also confirm that check battery is the last thing Kubuntu does
before bringing up the login page.

Alex