[vox-tech] Funny characters in aterm on kubuntu

Jay Strauss me at heyjay.com
Thu Jan 12 08:00:14 PST 2006

> Some people's names, particularly in Debian changelogs, with diacritics
> may not show properly. Of course the advantage is that links, links2 and
> elinks all look much nicer when you're not in UTF-8 for some reason.
>
> --Ken

Thanks again Ken

I did as you said and recompiled my locales.  aterm works fine now.  I'll keep
things set to use LANG=en_US.ISO-8859-1, hopefully everything will continue
to work.

thanks
Jay

ps. I wish kmail would reply to the list as well as to the other as a default.
I keep having to resend to the list