[vox-tech] Two Apt Error Messages

Robert G. Scofield scofield at omsoft.com
Fri Jan 6 09:30:52 PST 2006

Here's an interesting error message I've been getting after running both
apt-get update and aptitude update:

"Failed to fetch
http://sluglug.ucsc.edu/debian/dists/testing/main/binary-i386/Pa
ckages.gz  404 Not Found
Failed to fetch
http://sluglug.ucsc.edu/debian/dists/testing/main/source/Sources.gz  404 Not
Found
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://mirrors.usc.edu testing Release: The following signatures
couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY
010908312D230C5F
W: GPG error: http://linux.csua.berkeley.edu testing Release: The following
signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
NO_PUBKEY 010908312D230C5F
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones
used instead."

If I then choose apt-get upgrade, I get a warning about going forward because
of the fact that some of the packages cannot be authenticated.

Lately I haven't been updating regularly, but I've gotten the message about
the public key for two days in a row now.  My guess is that the people on
this list would not ignore the warning, and would not download the upgrades.
But am I supposed to do anything except wait until the problem automatically
clears up?

Here's a separate question.  It seems to me that the ucsc server has been
unavailable for the last few weeks.  Should I delete ucsc from my sources
list?

Thank you.

Bob