[vox-tech] Linux to Linux printing

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Jan 2 23:47:16 PST 2006

I've got a mixed Win/Linux network.
My Server running Samba has a printer hooked up and configured.
Printing from any of my windows machines works great.
Printing from another linux machine not so well - I usually get at least
page one and nothing else, and the worst thing is after I print from
linux the print server won't print for anyone until I go clear the que
and then get on my windows machine and send the printer a settings
change for the sleep time(other commands may work) through an interface
provided by the manufacturer.

I'm thinking that maybe for *nix to *nix I should maybe use something
other than samba, but I'm not quite sure how to go about that?

Printer is a Brother 5140D running ppd drivers, All Linux machines are
Ubuntu 5.10

Thanks- Alex