[vox-tech] grub blunder

Bob Mullan mullan at ns.Sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 26 09:46:16 PST 2006

I installed Debain i86 with Grub on C:\ for dual boot. (Windows XP pro, NFTS
hard drive). The Debain itself was installed on an external hard drive
connected via USB2. This was probably not the right thing to do but no use
crying over spilt milk.

When I tried to boot up I got…

“GRUB loading stage 1.5

GRUB loading, please wait…

Error 21”

I have tried;

Two Our Fathers and seven Hail Mary’s for penance, (no use);

Buying My wife chocolates, (its her PC and she is pissed);

Reinstall  Debain saying no to grub, (same error message on reboot);

Windows boot disc to get me to the recovery console but it doesn’t want to
accept my password as the “administrator password” and I’ve tried every
password I’ve ever used and can’t get in;

Knopixx bootable Linux which shows me the partitions but I am told that one
should not make a NFTS writeable and therefore this is useless.

Does anyone know if there is a way to use Knoppix to fix the MBR on NFTS?
Anybody have any other ideas? Know a good divorce lawyer?

Bob