[vox-tech] linux and viruses

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Feb 24 11:00:36 PST 2006

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 10:48:23PM -0800, Bob Scofield wrote:
> A few weeks ago I met a guy who told me he switched from Windows to Linux
> because he was simply tired of getting viruses all the time.  That was the
> first time I'd met anyone who'd made the switch for that reason.

Ah, but there have certainly been others in this big, wide world.

BTW, for those who don't know, I try to keep a list of
"Reasons to Avoid Microsoft".  (Suggestions for improvements appreciated,
as are submissions of news.)

  http://www.lugod.org/microsoft/

Some of it is simply pro-Linux.  Most of it is amazing ways in which
Windows is a bad environment to use, or ways in which Microsoft have been
jerks to their customers or the community at large. ;^)

--
-bill!                                    Tux Paint 2006 wall calendar,
bill at newbreedsoftware.com                CDROM, bumper sticker & apparel