[vox-tech] Defrag of Shared drive

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Feb 23 23:48:28 PST 2006

Ok, so I've gotten used to the idea that my native Ext3 partition
doesn't need regular defrag, but what about my shared Fat32 on my dual
boot with WinXP.

Everytime I boot into windows if I've been messing with my Files on my
100GB shared partition where I keep photography, music etc. windows
needs a defrag. Now I use linux at a higher % and when I go to windows
its really for a few select high processing apps that would be a pain to
run in Wine(Although that for other reasons) and I haven't tried VMware
(on the Todo list) so I would prefer to defrag while in linux as to not
waste my windows time.

Any suggestions for tools or apps I should use.
Alex

Ubuntu 5.10 Breezy