[vox-tech] KDE Keyboard Weirdness

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Feb 17 09:21:08 PST 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 07:48:31AM -0800, Rod Roark wrote:
<snip>
> So I unplugged the extra keyboard and rebooted.  The main keyboard
> worked for booting and logging in to KDM, but as soon as KDE started
> up it was unresponsive again.  However it was fine if I logged in as
> a different user.  So then I renamed ".kde" in her home directory to
> something else, and all was working again (though of course quite a
> few settings were lost).
>
> Anyone have a clue what could cause this?

Out of curiosity, did you check the contents of the old .kde for differences
and/or recently-changed files?

A keyboard setting may have changed, and maybe due to some unrealized
shortcut or key combo.  (For example, if I'm thinking hard and hold [Shift]
down for a long time, it brings up a dialog asking if I'd like to activate
"'Slow keys' and 'Mouse keys'".)

Good luck!

--
-bill!                                    Tux Paint 2006 wall calendar,
bill at newbreedsoftware.com                CDROM, bumper sticker & apparel