[vox-tech] cygwin - segfault on array allocation

Jeffrey J. Nonken jjn_lugod at nonken.net
Wed Feb 8 17:25:01 PST 2006

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:40:43 -0800
Bill Kendrick <nbs at sonic.net> wrote:

> > to allocate my arrays and it worked fine.  I never bumped against a
> > stack size limit before.  the stack size limit as reported by
> > ulimit is 2MB.  That seems pretty restrictive.
>
> Feh!  Try cellphones! ;)

Or any other small embedded system.

Working in embedded systems gives you a deep appreciation of system
limitations and restrictions. You sort of consider alternate ways of
doing things by reflex.

... Think about working with no accessible stack (just an 8 level
call/return stack) and no heap, for example. :)