[vox-tech] windows support, unfortunately

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Feb 7 20:27:09 PST 2006

Mark K. Kim wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 12:38:17PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
>

>>I only recently noticed the "Startup" menu in my literally-screen-sized
>>insanity of an "All Programs" menu in XP.  (WhereTF is the categorization?
>>I am VERY glad I don't get this kind of crap under KDE! >:^( )
>>
>>I went in there and took a few items out.  No idea how much of an improvement
>>it's been, though.
>

> There's quite a few more ways a program can start besides from the
> Startup menu.  Launch `msconfig` and disable anything you know you don't
> want.  Doing that might have some side-effects... still looking into
> that myself.
>
> -Mark

Everthing in the startup tab of msconfig is technically optional for
windows to operate.
Now looking at the system services is another story, although there are
several you can safely disable and some that you can set to manual so
they only turn on when you want.
Example: Wireless is on be default wether or not you have a wireless card.

Alex