[vox-tech] windows support, unfortunately

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Tue Feb 7 12:00:09 PST 2006

By the way, Pete, see if you can get them to allow VMware as an
"approved" application.  This is well recognized as a mainstream
tool for developers.  www.vmware.com.

If they don't want to pay for it, you can get the free VMware Player
and then download their "Browser Appliance" as your virtual machine;
this is a bare-bones Ubuntu 5.10 which you can then flesh out as
much as you like with Synaptic or apt-get.

And if you choose the NAT networking option, the VM will not even
be noticed as a separate machine on the local network.

I just noticed there's also now a free VMware Server.  I wonder how
that differs from the Player....

-- Rod