[vox-tech] base-config is gone

Bob Scofield scofield at omsoft.com
Mon Feb 6 08:59:20 PST 2006

I've been having trouble lately with a couple of my Debian sources; U.C.S.C.
and the University of Arizona.  So I decided to delete them with vi, and then
add a couple of more with base-config.

But base-config is gone.  I've done some Googling and learned that base-config
was taken out of Sid.  I'm using testing, but it's just not here.

So now I have to publicly admit that I do not know how to add sources without
using base-config.  So here are three questions:

1)  Is there an easy way to add sources without base-config?

2)  How many sources do people think one needs?  I've got two right now.  Is
there a reason for 3 or 4?

3)  Is there a tool  available for doing the other things base-config used to
do (but which I can't remember)?

Thank you.

Bob