[vox-tech] problem with flickering screen,..

Ted Deppner ted at psyber.com
Thu Dec 14 02:15:23 PST 2006

Is it a blink where the screen tends to come and go, or is it more of
bounce where the whole image on the screen changes from 100% display to
88% and then back?  (or to 111% and then back)?

The latter might be a hardware problem, something going soft in the CRT.

Either way, you might try setting the Refresh Rate down a notch (75 to 73
or 73 to 70, etc), or turning the bpp (or display depth) setting from
24bit to 16bits.  I've never known anyone that could tell the difference,
but I've heard people say they can.  Regardless your system will have to
do less work with 16bits, and you probably won't notice the difference.

--
Ted Deppner
http://www.deppner.us/