[vox-tech] failing hard drive...

Henry House hajhouse at houseag.com
Fri Dec 8 12:38:12 PST 2006

P=E5 2006-12-08, skrev Rod Roark:
> On Friday 08 December 2006 11:52, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> > So I must have bad sectors somewhere in the physical region of the firs=
t =

> > partition.  Will this problem get worse and propagate to my other =

> > partitions?
> =

> Um, yeah.  Back up anything you care about *immediately* and get a
> replacement drive ASAP.
> =

> Most currently manufactured drives are quite good.  I've had good luck
> reliability-wise with Seagate.

Jonathan: if it were my drive, I would not trust it to store anything
important ever again. As for new drives, I have experienced hardware
failures with every brand I've tried, with the exception of expensive
SCSI drives.  Assuming that you want to stick with ATA hardware, I've
heard from Ryan Castelluci that Seagates drives are the best bet for
reliability.

-- =

Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13