[vox-tech] For "C" gurus

Richard Harke rharke at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 7 22:57:16 PST 2006

On Thu December 7 2006 08:35, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> I don't have the latest standard, but this is covered in ANSI X3.159-1989
> Section 4.6.2.1 lines 7-10:
>
>    The longjmp function restores the environment saved by the most recent
>    invocation of the setjmp macro in the same invocation of the program,
> with the corresponding jmp_buf argument.  If there has been no such
> invocation, or if the function containing the invocation of the setjmp
> macro has terminated execution in the interim, the behavior is undefined.
Thanks a lot! This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I googled
and checked some of my books but didn't find it.
The background: The latest version of guile crashed while running a test
suite during a debian build on ia64. Since I'm interested in ia64, I took a
look at it. This problem with setjmp is just what is causing their
problem. I didn't want to post my findings back to their mailing list
with out some ammo as to why I couldn't fix it.

Richard Harke