[vox-tech] linux boot failed

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Wed Aug 23 22:15:53 PDT 2006

On Wed 23 Aug 06,  8:58 PM, Hai Yi <yihai2004 at gmail.com> said:
> Hello,
>
> My debian Linux had been running fine until one day when I restarted
> the computer, it failed to boot. The error message is as follows:

> INIT: version 2.86 booting
> INIT: No inittab file found
>
> Enter runlevel:
>
> I didnt know what I should enter and stuck at this stage.
>
> Can anyone help so I dont re-install the whole thing? :-)
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Hai

Hello, Hai.

Try entering "1".   What happens?

When the boot messages scroll, do you see any messages saying that / is
being mounted?

pete

--
The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a
digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the

Peter Jay Salzman, email: p at dirac.org web: http://www.dirac.org/p