[vox-tech] Accessing remote screen

John Wojnaroski castle at mminternet.com
Fri Apr 21 09:04:38 PDT 2006

 I would like to take a look at it...

I'm trying to run concurrent X sessions on the machine.  After starting
one display with

startx -- :0 -layout AGPTwinView

the two monitors come up just fine with the desktop across both screens,
then

startx --:1 -layout PCI_CARD

brings up the single monitor attached to the PCI card; however it
appears X deactivates the hardware on the AGP card and the  first two
monitor goes blank. Shutdown the second X server for :1 and :0 comes back.

Another puzzling part is when starting X with the bare command "startx"
the third monitor comes up and the display :0 is active on the PCI
card.  The AGP slot is the boot slot.

I've been plowing through all the various FAQs, email groups, and
tutorials looking for info or similar questions, but unable to find
anything on this problem.  Hope you can shed more light on the subject...

Thanks again
John W.