[vox-tech] transcoading ape to flac

Donald Greg McGahan dgmcgahan at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 12 12:10:34 PDT 2006

I have a significant number tracks encoded as *.ape and wish to convert
them to flac. They are on DVD's and arraigned in a /artist/album/tracks
manner. I can do this with a number of programs IF I boot to Windows :-(
I was wondering if someone had some ideas of how I might proceed to do this
as a task or set of tasks while I do my real work. I googled a bit and I
did not see and elegant way to accomplish this.

Ubuntu dapper GNOME or Xfce

Donald Greg "DiG" McGahan
University of California Davis
Soil and Biogeochemistry
MSN Messenger: dgmcgahan at hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: dgmcgahan at yahoo.com
AIM: dgmcgahan
Ped-O-quote
"The lithosphere is the easel, the pedosphere the canvas, and the biosphere
the painting on the canvas." (Gleason and Cronquist 1964)