[vox-tech] Automating web site interaction

Micah J. Cowan micah at cowan.name
Mon Apr 10 11:45:26 PDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 11:12:17AM -0700, Bruce Wolk wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation for some software that I can run as a
> cron job to go to a specific website, autheticate itself on a login web
> page with a userid and password, then go to a specific page on the site
> and mimick a button click?

You can use GNU wget to do this; however, it will require some knowledge
of web programming: the specifics of how this will work is entirely
different for different sites, and a little complicated. Bottom line is,
if you're not pretty familiar with web programming (HTML/CGI) and with
wget, you'll need to get someone to do this for you, I think.

--
Micah J. Cowan
http://micah.cowan.name/