[vox-tech] e2fsprogs

Richard Harke rharke at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 26 00:04:47 PDT 2005

On Sat September 24 2005 23:54, Troy Arnold wrote:
> Back in February, your friendly neighborhood Debian repository would
> have "Testing" pointed at Sarge.  In June Sarge became "Stable" while the
> current "Testing" points at Etch.  You're basically trying to upgrade to
> a new major release.  I'd suggest changing your /etc/apt/sources.list to
> from "Testing" to "Sarge", and running apt-get update; apt-get upgrade.
> At that point, if you wish to stay at the testing level, switch your
> sources to either "Testing" or "Etch" and apt-get update; apt-get
> dist-upgrade.
>
> Rick Moen's explanation of the Debian release cycle is as good as I've
> seen:
> http://zgp.org/pipermail/linux-elitists/2003-December/008297.html
>
> -troy

This was very helpful. 	 did set my sources.list to sarge and then did
apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade
No complaints about looped depends. It did make an incredible number
of changes. Took about as long as the original full install. But at this point
everything seems to still be running. I might go to testing again but I
think I'll leave that decision for a while.
Richard