[vox-tech] Dual-Boot

sprice at internet49.com sprice at internet49.com
Wed Sep 7 13:54:45 PDT 2005

Jonathan,
Answering your questions, we did have a dual-boot on RHEL and windows at
the install fest.  I did try to upgrade to fedora with the fedora disks,
and it hasn't worked since.

To start windows, I have the bios boot from hdd0.  Booting from hdd1 gets
me a grub window.  Hdd2 is a disk boot failure, and SCSI gives me windows.

The windows does not give me a boot menu, though I tried to set one up at
every chance I had.

There are a lot of partitions, one reason being I wish to save the
existing home file, on the hdc hard-drive.

I am considering swapping the master/slave hard drives, leave the slave
off, and set up linux on the new master.  (There is nothing to save
there).

Feel free to call, I can call back to save the toll charges, as my e-mail
is at the library.
Thanks,
Stanley