[vox-tech] Module build

Richard Harke rharke at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 2 20:20:40 PDT 2005

When building a kernel module, one needs to use the same header
files as were used to build the kernel it will be loaded into. But all
I ever file in the .c file is #include <llinux/whatever.h> Normally this
should refer to /usr/include/linux but this is likely not to be
right for a kernel module. On my system, if I want the current
kernel header, it would be /usr/src/linux/include/linux
Or it could be reached as /lib/modules/<version>/build/include/linux

Can someone tell me just how the correct version is found
when building kernel modules?

Richard Harke