[vox-tech] Dual-booting my computer

sprice at internet49.com sprice at internet49.com
Fri Sep 2 14:31:17 PDT 2005

My name is Stanley Price, sprice at internet49.com, telephone (530)
677-5052,
> 3672 Millbrae Road, Cameron Park, El Dorado County, CA.
> Call anytime.  After 6:00am, till 10:00pm.
>
> I am trying to dual-boot Linux and Windows. When I try to open the Linux
partition, I get GRUB, and I don't know what to do.  I am attempting to
save my prior partition (Redhat).

Windows is currently working on the computer.
What exactly is the problem when you try to start Linux? I get the start
of the grub program, and a prompt.

There is no error message.

> I tried to find the answer in Knopix Hacks, and Sams Fedora book.
>
> I have Knoppix, and the Linux is a Fedora that I was given at my second
install fest.

> The chip is an AMD, running about 650, 196,000mb ram.
> I upgraded the sound card, but have not gotten linux running to get ALSA
(?), going to use it.

> Time is of the essence, as the computer has not been working for awhile.
As I have been a Claims Adjuster, and I want to be shipping out to the
southeast to ply my trade.  If the home computer is not working, how can
I use a laptop, and produce work?

> The laptop question is interesting, as I would also like to dual-boot
that, as many professional (?), programs are windows based.

> Windows is necessary, as the accounting program, Peachtree, runs on
Windows. Also, Exactimate.