[vox-tech] Wireless Encryption Issue

Josh Parsons jbparsons at ucdavis.edu
Wed Oct 12 11:42:37 PDT 2005

Trevor M. Lango wrote:

> My computer gets the right AP, just no IP.

Can you:

post the output of "iwconfig" when your computer is associated with the
problem AP? (blanking the key of course).

tell us the brand, model and version number of the AP and your wireless
card, and the linux wireless driver and kernel version you are using.

Apologies if you've already posted this information - I may have deleted
it unread from my inbox. Busy week. :(

Debugging will also be easier if you have the ability to try using the
same wireless card with "that other operating system", to see if you
have the same problems.

--
Josh Parsons
Philosophy Department