[vox-tech] FYI: Trick to get around 2.6.8 kernel "mousedev" bug for Wacom use on Thinkpad T20

John Wojnaroski castle at mminternet.com
Mon Oct 10 12:47:42 PDT 2005

Hi,

>Nice.  I do like that hack.  However, enabling the option:
>Option "AllowMouseOpenFail"
>in the InputDevice section for your ps2 mouse should have worked.

Kind of a related topic. I'm trying to use an older machine as a network
computer with only a keypad

So after booting, the usual dance with ssh, start X in the background,
do an export DISPLAY=:0.0, start the app, but the keypad is not
enabled.  Guessing it is a question of focus??

Idea is to run only the app and not allow the user to escape by 1)
removing the mouse and 2) catching all the keypad entries and/or
redefining the keymap. Is this possible?

With the mouse the keypad works, without the mouse and the XF86Config
option noted above, the machine boots, X starts, but no keypad

Regards
John W.